Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Tech Cave

Anyone who knows me knows how messy I can be. As I wrote in a previous post, I work best in an environment of Natural Order. What looks clean, or neat to someone else is very unsettling to me. Mark Twain said, "A clean desk is the sign of an insane mind. Or someone who needs more work." Well, I'm not sure that exactly what he said, but it was something like that.

This is a picture of me at my work/study/play place. It looks like lots of stuff, and it is, but each and everything you see has purpose. I actually know where each thing is, and why it's there. The monitor shows my Red Hat Fedora screen, and the laptop has my WindowsXP stuff.

This is me, sitting down after a grulling two minutes of cleaning up. Fold up the table, put the stuff on the desk, and close the closet doors. I just need me a Super Hero's suit now. Unfortunately, I'd probaly have to call myself Methane Man.

Today- I worked on my Powerpoint presentation for school. I'm doing it on Alternative Publication methods, and using our Florida Shorts book as an example (don't forget to click on the link, purchase a copy, and have Amazon gift wrap it for you. They'll deliver it too). I also read over a little about the Linux Command Line. I actually was able to make it do something today. Not really sure what, but it did something. Hey, it's progress. I'll take what I can get. It amazes me what you can do with a free operating system and free software. I had a few bitchy moments putting this blog down, but you're reading it, so it couldn't have been too bad. After lunch, we went to the movies, and saw Harry Potter; Goblet of Fire. It was really good - the best so far. I'd forgotten that I didn't have work today, but remembered this morning, luckily. After the movie, we went to Borders. There were a lot of teenage girls from Bishop Moore Catholic High School there. Most had theire skirts hiked up a bit. Young girls never change, do they? At my age, I see that and I think, "Yeah, that's cute, little girl. Now where the hell is your father?" You know your over the hill when you see a young girl, thong showing, and you think, "There's no way I'd let a daughter of mine out of the house like that!" I don't even have a daughter. We ate dinner late, and watched Firefly. I tried to get the bed earily, but failed miserably.

Nutrition- Maze. I ate a lot of Popmaze (Thought I'd try that out. It just doesn't have the ring of popcorn, does it?) We saw Harry Potter today. It was good. I highly recommend it. It's a big long - two urinal visits for me. That's a long movie.

Exercise- None. Friggin none. Not even Yoga. I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy.

The Awful Truth- The real fact-of-the-matter is; at any given moment, I rarely have any clue of what I'm doing.

Brownie Points- I was able to get the command line thing to actually do something today.

Intention- After tomorrow, I will have regretted the intentions I intended on making today, but didn't. More than likely though, I won't remember that. I'm like a dog that way.

No comments: