Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Correction: 1954 Future Computer Photo

Correction for the post on the Home Computer of the Future.

Evidently, the photo is a hoax. You can read about it here, on Snopes:

Does Not Compute

It was a photoshopped (interesting how that's a verb now) picture. The man in the grey suit, the Teletype display, and the large TV in the grayscaled photo were done for a contest on Fark.com. The photo above is a display of a nuclear powered submarine's maneuvering room at the Smithsonian. I should have know that one right away, seeing as how I want my own recreational nuclear powered sub. I'd prefer a soviet era Typhoon Class sub though. Much bigger in side.

Snopes.com is an excellent site for finding hoaxes and rumors. Curiously enough, though, they made my link to the correct photo bad. How nice of them.

No comments: