Thursday, September 01, 2005

Katrina

The images coming from the Katrina disaster are shocking. Earlier this year, we watched the Tsunami disaster. We thought we were safe from something like that. The US, especially the southeast, is uneasy now.

My sister called from Atlanta, lastnight. Gas prices were up to $6 in some places. This morning, here in Orlando, there is no gas. The stations are closed. Luckily, we filled up my truck on Tuesday, but Nancy's car is only at 1/4 tank. As far as fuel goes, the nation is scared.

I blogged last month about overconsumption. Looks like gas prices may fix that. Unfortunately, the fuel prices might affect my business. I hope not. When national financial worries occur, things like personal training become a luxury. A luxury to be done away with first. If that happens, I'll adjust how I do business. I'll find a way to make it affordable, and cost effective.

Last year, we were hit with three hurricanes; Charlie, Francis, and Jean. I call them Crazy Uncle Charlie, Freak Aunt Francis, and Just Ain't Right Cousin Jean. After each one, out power and water were out for at least eight days - with each one. We adapted. We're prepared now.

But not for something like Katrina. The only way to prepare for that is to 'get the hell out of dodge' (guess that guy didn't like those cars). We were inconvenienced last year. The people in the gulf are devastated!

I'm going through my clothes, and getting rid of anything I haven't used in awhile. Going to take it to Red Cross or Salvation Army, for the victims of Katrina. Right now, that's the best I can do. I wish I could do more.

Belle
The burial/memorial was rained out today, so we have to reschedule. We'll probably go up next week. It may seem trivial to bury a dog, with what is going on right now, but if you could see how Belle touched people's lives, you'd understand. She was the Mother Theresa of animals. She deserves our respects, human or not.

When I become Emporer, animal cruelty will fall under Hate Crime laws. And all the people who think the American Terrier (PitBull) is bad, need to study their facts. Kings can make bad proclamations, Dictators make evil decisions, and sometimes, a republic can make bad laws.

No comments: