Saturday, September 24, 2005

Forward Motion

Funny thing about life; Einstein was right, mostly. Things may not be relevant to the observer.

After seeing the Movie, What the Bleep do we know?, I read more about Quantum Mechanics, and how it explains our reality. The more I studied, the more I began to believe Jesus was probably a Quantum Physicist. So was Moses, and maybe even Daniel. Solomon almost certainly was. (Yes, I know almost certainly is an oxymoron, but that's what Quantum mechanics is all about). Job was just a very patient person.

Then, there is the concept that we don't exist in a Universe, but rather a Multiverse. Imagine; more than one of ME! I wonder what my alternate realities are like. According to Penrose, this might be possible. I think even I would get annoyed with me. Basically, if I get this right, Penrose says it's probably not the observer that pins down reality, but that gravity is responsible. I'm glad about that. Controlling reality would be a hellava management job. I'm going to have enough trouble ruling the world, when I become Emperor. I'll delegate. Dilbert style. Dogbert's my hero.

Anyway, things in my life lately felt like they were stalling. Sometimes, even going backwards. Theoretically, this is possible, but not in my awareness. My awareness dictates that I observe my reality forward in time. I'd hate to have to go back in time. Just like anyone, there were moments of my life I don't want to bother with again. Elementary school, for one. Once of that was enough.

Forward motion is a funny thing. Most of the time, it doesn't seem to forward. It seems like we're just running in place. More like sprinting. Sometimes, it seems like a stroll. When were having a really good time, forward motion is unbelievably fast. When we're not having time, especially in emotional pain, forward motion seems stuck in molasses (I still have no idea how they make such a sweet tasting syrup out of a little rodent's behind).

Things are moving forward for me again. Yesterday, I finished several homework assignments, did some practice tests, got hired by Sports Authority, saw a play at Rollins College - Starting Here, Starting Now, donated training sessions for the silent auction for the theater Guild, and when I got home, I had a request for personal training info in my inbox.

Like I said, I'm glad I'm not in control of reality or time. I'd be way too tired.

With this post, I wanted to show how one can use the internet's hyperlinks for 'footnotes'. It's far superior to the old footnoting way, and it's actually fun doing it. I used Wikipedia, mostly. I was too lazy to use anything else - one of the drawbacks of hyperlinked footnotes.

Try out of few of the hyperlinks, and learn something new. I did. It was fun.

No comments: