Thursday, December 07, 2006

More Power

After getting the Power Scaling on my laptop to work, the settings wouldn't stay once I restarted the system. Now, after a bit of tweaking, the settings stay. BONUS! Right now, I'm on battery power, with the CPU set at 1.05 GHz. So far, I've been running for 12 minutes, and the little battery icon says I have 18 mintues left. We'll see how long it goes. My lap is getting warm, but it's chilli here tonight, so I'm not complaining too much. The fan is keeping the CPU cool, but there's no fan on the memory, and it's getting very warm. Isn't that just perfect for a geek? Snuggle up with a warm computer on a cold night.

I'm going to test the battery power on each setting. I'm guessing it won't be a whole lot, maybe 5-10 minutes difference between each. Right now, there's not too much difference in speed between 1.05 and 2.8 GHz. I'm not doing any picture editing or watching any videos, so the CPU speed isn't much difference.

At this point, I'm wondering if a faster hard drive and new battery would be cheaper than a nice spiffy new computer (that I can't really afford anyway).

Nine minutes left.

No comments: