Friday, December 29, 2006

Editing

I made several editorial mistakes on my last post, especially in the beginning. Usually, I'll do a quick write, not worrying about mistakes, check for spelling, and post it. Nancy will look at in online, and tell me other errors. Sometimes we get everything, sometimes not. On the last post, I wasn't able to edit, for some reason. Blogger wouldn't present the post in the 'edit' field. I'd wasn't even able to go in and edit the .html of the post. So, you got to see a rough draft of a post. This this problem continues, I'll have to change my edit strategy.



I'm in the second chapter in The Long Tail. Some of the business and economic things I understand, some I don't. I don't pretend to understand economics well. Probably a factor in my political leanings. So I'll probably re-read this chapter after I finished the book. I acquired a copy of the audio book, and I'm going to listen to that as I read -not at the same time, mind you. In the car, I'll listen to the audio book. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a device that could do that, and keep the place where you are in the material. Even if you switched back and forth between audio and written, it would be booked marked when you took a break. Hmmmm....

My sister got me Dilbert and The Way of the Weasel:





If you work in an office environment, even virtually, especially in a cubicle, you need this book. I like all the Dilbert books. Have the series on DVD too. Okay, I get carried away with the things I like. Welcome to the new market; it enables us to get carried away.

No comments: