Friday, December 22, 2006

eBay stuff

In the new year, I'll be doing more stuff on ebay. My intention is to help Nancy and her mom sell the things they want to get rid of, and sell off a few of the things I don't need. Hopefully, we'll be able to make some money that way, but at the very least, we'll have cleared out some 'clutter' as Nancy calls it.

I'm going to get me one of these:


It's only $79.97 at x-tremegeek.com:
X-treme Geek Homepage
From what I'm learning, taking good pictures is a must for eBay sales. Most of the stuff we're going to sell is small, so something like this would work well.

eBay is how many people do their shopping and selling. Some even make a living at it. I like the idea of buying and selling used stuff, as long as it's good. Nancy and I watched a show on CNBC about eBay, how it was started, and how it grew.

There's an organization called FreeCycle.org that enables people to give, donate, exchange, trade, or whatever need be done to keep useful items being used. FreeGeek is a branch of FreeCycle, from what I understand. If you're into saving money, I highly recommend FreeCycle.

Next year, I'll probably be starting an entry level tech job. I'd like to get into something in networking in Orlando. I'd like to work under someone who's really knowledgeable and experienced. Kind of like being an apprentice. But not the Donald.

No comments: