Thursday, December 29, 2005

Earthquake

Yesterday (Wednesday) morning, I trained my clients, then went back to bed for a little while. My allergies have been kicked up lately, and I didn't sleep very well the night before -that, and staying up a bit too late. Sometime in the late morning, I thought I heard and felt a loud WHAM and the house trembled at the same time. I'm prone to weird dreams, sleepwalking, and seeing my ferret in the airvent when I sleep, so I assumed I'd been having a dream, and went back to sleep. Later, during our morning dog walk, I saw this on the tree behind us:
I thought, "Hmm, that's a little weird. Why would tree cutters start on the bottom, the not finish the job?" I looked down on the other side of the tree, and saw this:
Putting two and two together (or is if 5 and 5, or 2 and 5, or 5 and 2...I get them mixed up sometimes), I figured a tall truck had hit the tree, and that was the WHAM that woke me up.

Another block down the street, and we saw this:
If you look close, you can see the jagged upper edge of the truck. Someone got it really big trouble. The drivers only choice is to blame the foreman or owner for sending him into a residential area with a truck that was too tall to get anywhere in Winter Park. I bet the drive thought he'd driven over something, tried to accelerate through it, which caused more damage to the truck. Whoever the owner is, he'll blame the driver, who's probably just a part-time employee. He'll get fired, the owner will have a van out, the insurance will have to pay for the damage, and the only people to come out on top will be the repair people.

Other News
January is a very slow month for Sports Authority, and since I'm mostly a holiday employee there, my hours are cut back. I'll have more time to do some local marketing. I'm going to do a mailout for my neighborhood. I'm not working at Sports Authority at all next week, so I'll also have some time to pre-study for my up-coming classes.

No comments: