Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Commercials

After experimenting with ads on this blog, mostly to learn how to do it, I'm probably going to keep the commericals to no more than one per post. Maybe even one per day. I don't intend on trying to hock something just to make a buck. Any ads you see will be something I actually use, or something I'd like to have. Or, at the very least, something I'd recommend. I'll keep up with the free stuff links too. Here's a good example:


This is the current desktop I have on my Linux Fedora computer. I'm blogging from it right now. Fedora, a Linux distribution helped along by Red Hat, is free. As is all the software that comes on it. As is all the software that you can load on it, including OpenOffice.org 2.0. The only problem I have with Linux at the moment is that I can't hook my Pocket PC up to it. Not just yet. I have a progam that can do that, but I haven't been able to get it to work yet. It's not broke, just some parts missing. I know that sounds weird, but programs on Linux have dependencies. Sounds like pseudo-physchological term, I know, but that's how it works. Programs seem to come in pieces, not all of them as a whole. A bit frustrating, but once it's all together, it's a pretty kickass system. From what I'm reading on the Linux and Fedora forums, I'm doing a pretty good job so far. The whole Command Line thing is a bit of a bitch for me, but I'm learning something on it everyday. Hopefully, when I get in my next class, I'll know most of it, and can surf the web during class. Oh, of course, I'm not doing anything like that right now. No....not me.

Okay, I think I provided enough free stuff there for you. Anyone interested in putting a Linux machine together, I'll be glad to share my experience with you.

I had one hell of a time putting this new blog format together this morning. It really came about because I completely destroyed the older Template, without saving the html before I started. I was trying to put a Skype button, AIM button, Yahoo and MSN messenger buttons on my blog and CoachDANNY.net page (all are bodycoach2). Oh, can't leave out google talk. One thing I like about the Linux Messenger GAIM -it combines all those messenger services into one. You can laugh, but the world will communicate more through messenger/voice services in the future, especially help and information services.

Today- I did my updates on my CoachDANNY.net website, and this blog. Then I went to work. It was busy tonight, but not crowded. Everyone coming in, came to buy something specific. We watch Devils Triangle on SciFi network after, and I blogged. I guess I can't really say blogged, since it's a past tense term, and I'm currently blogging, but when you read this, I will have blogged. I guess, from my perspective, later on, I will have been blogging. Yeah, figure that one out.

Exercise- Did I workout today? Yoga? Endurance? Anything? NO. My reason -I got too busy with my website. Is that a good excuse? Of course not. The truth is; I just let the time slip away.

Food- This subject, if I recall, is going to be avoided this month.

Intentions- We see how good they worked yesterday. Guess I'm on my way to hell. Hopefully, I'll make a U-turn tomorrow.

No comments: