Thursday, February 16, 2006

My Toy is having some troubles. The headphone jack is being finicky. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes not. It spits and stutters.

After searching online, I learned that a headphone plug has three contact parts; 1) The tip, which is the left channel. 2) The center of the plug, which is the right channel. 3) The sleeve, which is the ground.

I'm guess somethings not working right with the ground part of the headphone jack. After fiddling with it (tweezers, sewing needle, small screwdrive), I'm lucky I didn't mess it up futher. I manage to make it a bit better, but not as good as it should be.

In my mind, a headphone jack should last more than two years. In all fairness, I use my toy to listen to alot of podcasts -very education, those things can be (that sounded a bit to Yoda, huh?). I like my toy alot. It has mp3 capability, ebooks, camera, and tons of other stuff. I'd really hate to lose the audio player capability.

Today
I worked tonight. Very few people came to the store, so we focused on keeping things 'zoned' (think-make pretty). Other than that, I spent most of the day studying.

I'm learning more Linux stuff. The file system is interesting; a bit different from Windows NTFS, FAT16, and FAT32. And the mac file system is differnet too. I've learned that most computer can work with FAT32. I think I'm going to do my class project on Linux File System.

Sounds fun, don't it?

No comments: