Friday, February 10, 2006

Information

And you thought I was going to do another techy blog. Nope.

Someone, okay, a few people, have noticed a few spelling and grammar errors in my blogs. Yes, folks, I go at this with no editor. And I call myself a writer?? Every once in awhile I remember to do a spell check, but most of the time, I just want to get the damn thing to 'press'. I'll try to bring my quality up. I understand the point. Bad spelling is tolerable, but bad grammar seems to cause stimulate a reader to leave the site.

Lastnight, in my speech class, I learned that we'll be doing Informational Speech and Persuasive Speech presentations. We were told that Informational Speaking is not speaking. Now, I understand this. Preachers and teachers do purely Informational Speaking. Preachers are often doing Persuasive Speaking, too. But, almost every other speech I've ever heard is How-To. But, we're not going to learn that.

In most businesses, ALL speaking is How-To. Occasionally, a business person will do informative speaking, but most business speeches are How-To.

But, we don't get to learn that.

Just like most of the learning I've done in my life, I have to learn it on my own. People tell me education is a good investment in your personal future, but sometimes, it can be a waste of time and money. Not that this class is, but some are.

Other News
Not much else is going on. I have a few spots left open for about 3 more clients, but other than that, not much more. So, if your wanting a spot, go to my website: CoachDANNY.net, and email me, or give me a call. You can catch me on Skype too. My screename on AIM, Yahoo, MSN Messenger, and Skype is Bodycoach2.

Don't forget to checkout Nancy's Blog: Wayworm.com

No comments: