Friday, February 23, 2007

Random Thoughts

Not too many tonight. It's late.

I've been focused on school this week. Trying to really learn more command line stuff. I now undertand how far Linux has really progressed. I barely use the command line at all, so my Linux class isn't that easy. In fact, it's not easy at all.

The Windows XP Professional is very hard. This weekend, I'm going to spend a lot of time practicing that. We use Virtualization programs to practice stuff. That way, if we mess up, we won't break the hardware. Just the virtual hardware.

The Windows partition on my Laptop is useless. It's slow, takes forever to get updates, and it's XP Home edition anyway. I don't think I really need to upgrade the hard drive for the laptop, but I've found a place to get the battery rebuilt. They claim to build it better than new. I'm not linking to it just yet. I'd rather try it out first. If it works well, I'll put up a link.

In April, I'll probably put Ubuntu Feisty Fawn 7.04 on the Laptop. I'm not going to bother with Windows. After using XP Professional, Home Edition is pretty much useless for me.

It's available at school, but I haven't burnt Windows Vista yet. It's on five CD's. Sounds like Fedora. Anyway, I don't really have anything to put it on, and don't really intend on doing it till I absolutely have to. I'll eventually have to, as many business will have it, and I have to know it.

But, I still think that some business are going to switch to Linux in the future. Especially Ubuntu Linux. I'll be ready.

No comments: