Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Mic and Wireless

My technical progress is picking up. I conquered the mic problem with Ubuntu Linux. It was actually a simple one. For some weird reason, the mic installs muted. I guess there is a good reason for that, and I'll understand it later, but not right now. I'm closer to getting the wireless to work. I know it does. I see many people on the message boards getting it to work. It seems to be a bit complicated, but it does work.

I'm beginning to think that the REAL purpose of the retail industry is not to make money, but to get more Americans to not like America or Americans. If that's the case, it's working. Perfectly. I was shocked to realize how many retail companies were open on INDEPENDENCE DAY!! Not even the wonder Mexican Restaurant we like -El Potro- was open. At least THEY understand the value, or at least the illusion of, FREEDOM. But not the over consuming, self important, fat-ass owners and board members of retail companies. I can understand some being open (Home Depot -for minor home emergencies- and even Wal Mart), but most don't need to be. Restaurants are generally okay to be open, but not freakin retail companies.

Maybe I'm more patriotic than I thought, even though I'd like to move to Norway.

No comments: