Sunday, May 07, 2006

John Negroponte - Bonesman

As most of my blog readers know, I love to entertain myself with a few conspiracy theories, now and then. My favorite is the whole Skull and Bones thing. The main reason for that one is I have a novel in mind with The Skulls and the background story. But the more I find out about this, the more I come to think; this may have been a conspiracy that actually worked.

Porter Goss left the CIA this week. No reason was cited, but many believe the decision was based on a power struggle between Goss and National Intelligence Director, John Negroponte (Nicolas Negroponte, of the One Laptop Per Child initiative, is John's brother). John Negroponte is Bush's Intelligence Czar. The Intelligence Czar is oversees the direction of the CIA, the NSA, and Homeland Security. (Can anyone say, Goering?)

John Negroponte, graduate of Yale Univerity, member of Skull and Bones, class of 1960.

I'm now considering abondoning my novel. The real life version seems to be better.

It seems that Porter Goss management style wasn't liked, by people above and below him. Now, we have Air Force General Michael Hayden in line to take over. He's #2, under Negroponte, and a strong proponent of the warrantless evesdropping program by the Bush administration. Many people, even Republicans, don't like the idea of a military man being in control of a civilian agency. Personally, I'm suspect of anyone Negroponte or Bush would pick, but especially a military man.

In Other News
I've signed up for A+ Hardware Concepts class. I had to wait till an opening came available. I almost missed out on any classes this summer. That would have sucked. Really bad.

Nancy saw a cute dog at Petsmart this weekend, and has been obsessing on it. We don't need another dog, but this one was a cutie.

Laura, Nancy's daughter, got some really good manatee pics. Check those out on her blog.

And, Amy, Nancy's youngest daughter, always has some entertaining stuff on her blog.

And, my stepson Stephen, has a blog now too. Let's see if we can help his page hits. Or, you can checkout Stephen's MySpace.com page. He needs to fix a few structural problems on his page, but it's pretty interesting.

No comments: