Friday, January 27, 2006

Speech Class

This is a picture of me in speech class.

So far, speech class is the only class that's felt like a 'class'. Not to say it's not fun. It is pretty fun. And it's pretty interesting too, probably more interesting than the Operating Systems class. I guess the Operating Systems class doesn't feel much like a class, and the homework doesn't feel like homework. It feels more like playtime. Speech, however, feels like homework. Friggin subjective subject classes. In subjective discipline (sounds like an oxymoron, huh?) classes, the teacher can actually say something like, "I disagree with you, so you get a BIG FAT F!" Even if you've done all the work, put your heart and soul into it, and produced something that most employees at Fortune 500 companies would say, "Huh?"

Objective subject matter (math, physics, etc) is much easier to get an A. Well, you've got to learn the stuff, but it's either right or wrong. If you get the right answers, you get an A.

Like he said in the movie, Stand and Deliver, "Math is the great equalizer." Kind of like the Pullups of school.

I wasn't sure what I should do my first informative speech on, till it hit me on the way home. I saw someone with a W sticker on their car. Ah, yes....The Skull and Bones! America's most successful Fraternity. At the very least, it will be interesting.

No comments: