Wednesday, August 01, 2007

More School

I signed up for four classes this next semester:

  1. Windows Server 2003
  2. Security+
  3. Web Publishing
  4. Introduction to Business
The business course is required for my major. Also, with my personal experience in businesses, it couldn't hurt. I'm most nervous about the business class. It's a 'normal' class. I don't work well with normal. Just ask people who know me. Ain't nuthin about me normal.

I've already downloaded some free training materials for the first two classes. Now that I've passed the A+ certification, I'm gearing up for the Network+ certification. I've got lots of training materials for it. While it may not look like it to those really close by, I study about 1/2 of the day. A few minutes here, a few there. That's how I study. I've never been able to sit and study for longer than 20 minutes. 12 minutes is actually what I've learned works best for me. 12 minutes study, a few of something else. 12 more minutes of study, a few of something else. Might not sound productive, but studying for longer periods of time only guarantees me with a much lower grade. I don't ask why. I don't even care why. I just follow what works for me.

Free Geek of Central Florida Progress
I've scaled back my efforts a little. Mostly, I just don't have any more storage. I have some equipment, and I need more to make everything complete sets, but I can only do so much. Scaling back doesn't mean scaling down. Not in the least.

The Valencia Community College Capstone class meets in the last week of August. Their objective will be to completely setup Free Geek for me. I think this is something most of the students will enjoy. Professor Brunick is the instructor, but I don't think he'll have much to do. As this class gears up the franchise/chapter, I'm sure the storage situation I have will work itself out.

I've already procured the freegeekcentralflorida.org website, gmail address, and yahoo address. I wanted to make sure I had them when I walked into the class. I also wanted to let the class come up with the website. Not yet my expertise.

No comments: